Salt Lake City, Utah, Nov. 1, 2013 - The University of Montana Western men’s basketball team opened the Westminster basketball tournament versus division two opponent Western State of Colorado.
At the half they had a three point advantage, thanks to Jordan Overstreet’s 15 points. In the second half a big shot by senior Jake Owsley with 8 seconds remaining and a steal by 2012-13 Frontier defensive player of the year Kris Castro with 4 seconds remaining sealed the tournaments opening game victory for the Bulldogs.
Western State (0-0) vs No. 8 University of Montana Western (4-1) riding a four game winning streak
• Dominique Wright (WSU) hit a go ahead 3 point shot with 37 seconds to make it 71-70 Western State
• Jake Owsley hit the go ahead baseline jumper with 8 seconds remaining
• Kris Castro got a steal with 4 seconds remaining to seal the victory
• UMW’s Jake Owsley score 23 points and had 9 rebounds
• UMW’s Jordan Overstreet scored 22 (15 first half points)
• UMW’s Maazin Butler dished out 10 assists
• WSU’s Jordan Adams scored 24
• WSU’s Mason Biddle scored 17 and added 7 assists
Nov. 2, 2013 University of Montana Western vs. Azusa Pacific (exhibition)