Union Affiliation: Montana Public Employees Association
Posting Date: June 2014
The Administrative Associate III answers calls and transfers callers to appropriate departments and facilitates the best means of communication and customer service; provides detailed information to telephone inquirers and visitors regarding admissions procedures and policies as well as general university programs and functions; maintains office appointment schedules for all admissions staff, schedules tours and confirms appointments and tours; creates and edits correspondence; oversees the admissions budget; runs and formats reports; performs general office duties including copying, faxing and filing; processes incoming and outgoing mail and distributes correspondence; greets guests; maintains inventory of office supplies for the admissions office and orders supplies as necessary; performs accurate and consistent data entry; supervises work study students; assists with event planning and management; serves as office manager and performs other duties as assigned.
Specific duties include:
· Providing a superior level of customer service;
· Greeting campus visitors;
· Answering calls and transferring callers to appropriate departments and facilitating the best means of communication and customer service;
· Providing detailed information to telephone inquirers and visitors regarding admissions procedures and policies as well as general university programs and functions;
· Maintaining office appointment schedules for all admissions staff, scheduling tours and confirming appointments and tours;
· Performing accurate and consistent data entry;
· Creating and editing correspondence;
· Overseeing admissions budget;
· Running and formatting reports;
· Processing incoming and outgoing mail and distributing correspondence;
· Maintaining inventory of office supplies and ordering supplies;
· Supervising work study students;
· Assisting with event planning and management;
· Serving as office manager;
· Performing general office duties including copying, faxing and filing;
· Performing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of an associate’s degree or equivalent.
This position requires three to five years of office manger experience or equivalent. And requires knowledge of office operations, including multi-line phone usage, phone etiquette, file management, and business correspondence formats. The position also requires a high level of accuracy, a comprehensive understanding of data entry and data management, general knowledge of academic and administrative relationships and knowledge of secretarial science, procedures and set up.
Technical requirements include thorough understanding of the Windows suite, knowledge of budget management and an understanding of the admissions procedures specific to Montana Western. Some supervisory experience is especially beneficial. Event planning and management experience is also beneficial.
To apply please complete a State of Montana Job Application, a letter of application, which specifically addresses the qualifications and responsibilities described above, and submit a detailed resume. Finalists for this position will be subject to a criminal background investigation. Also include the names, addresses, and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Submit application materials to:
Director of Enrollment Services
The University of Montana Western
710 South Atlantic Street
Dillon, MT 59725
The position will remain open until filled.